Welcome to Jaivik Kheti Knowledge Management
Find all announcements, tutorials from Ministries and other Agriculture bodies
How to Register and Sell in Jaivik Kheti
Information for Researchers and Academicians
Organic Farming Related Materials
Things To Remember
- arrow_forwardThings you need to check Before You buy a New Product i.e. 1). PGS-Green 2). PGS-Organic
- • Only the farmers which have completed full conversion period without any major or serious non-compliance be declared as "PGS-Organic". Farmers which have one or more major noncompliance or are under conversion period will be declared as "PGS-Green". Only the crops sown after joining the group, taking the PGS pledge in conformity of PGS standards and fully conforming to the PGS standard requirements as per the recommendations of peer reviewers shall qualify for "PGS-Green". 3 continuous advisory on same issue can shift the status of member.
- • Single ingredient products may be labeled as “PGS-Organic” when all standard requirements have been met and the produce has been declared PGS-organic.
- • PGS In-conversion products may be labeled as “PGS-Green” when all standard requirements for declaring the Local PGS group under PGS In-conversion have been met and the produce has been declared as PGS-Green.
- • In case of mixed/ processed products if minimum of 95% ingredients is PGS-organic the product may be labeled as PGS-Organic. If proportions of organic ingredients are between 95 and 70% the products can be labeled as “Made with PGS-organic ingredients”, but in such cases PGS logo cannot be used.
- arrow_forwardWhat is PGS?
- Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) is a quality assurance initiative that is locally relevant, emphasize the participation of stakeholders, including producers and consumers and operate outside the frame of third party certification. As per IFOAM (2008) definition "Participatory Guarantee Systems are locally focused quality assurance systems. They certify producers based on active participation of stakeholders and are built on a foundation of trust, social networks and knowledge exchange".
- arrow_forwardWhat is minimum eligibility for grant of PGS-Green certificate?Crop grown after grant of registration to LG by RC can be granted with PGS-Green certificate provided all standard requirements are fully met.
- arrow_forwardWhat is FSSAI license?Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Other Important Links